Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I enter Parliament 3 weeks early.....



Hey ho.. I have been given a trial run at Parliament. I will not earn the daily $4000+  salary and expenses a State Member earns even as a lowly backbencher. That's okay. I will go for the free tea/coffee and sandwich lunch.

Yes this morning I enter the NSW Parliament as one of the 65 citizens selected from across the State of NSW for the People's Parliament organised by the Daily Telegraph. see: Read the Telegraph's words :

It will be an interesting day with a range of expert speakers for key areas of State policy and we ordinary folk from across the State engaging in questions and comments. I will be the only person from Liverpool, with another from nearby Voyager Point.

I hope to initiate discussion on the quality of politics and its practitioners these days and a way to improve it.

As well on the need to return major social reform back to the people.

I will Tweet on this if I am permitted to operate my Notebook PC ( no Smartphone for me until my ordinary old Nokia phone falls apart - not far off)

Have a peep on Skynews Local or  streaming video on the Daily Telegraph site.

Hey, the bells are ringing  -  I am off to the Chamber.

Cheers

Michael

No comments: